My main purpose of this post is to share the recipe of my yummylicious Korean Fried Chicken and Cheesy Tuna Puff which I demonstrated at Spastic Centre on their monthly cooking demo event on 22nd August 2015.
The monthly charity cooking demonstration is organize by Women's Auxilliary of Spastic Centre, Petaling Jaya, headed by Datin Faridah. The funds collected will be channel to the centre for the spastic Children. Every month I will post the event details on my facebook.
Only during these 2-3 years I shared my culinary and some baking knowledge (I am just a home chef cooking for my family, and I did not go for any professional training) through charity cooking demonstration, namely Spastic Centre, Ti-Ratana, and Shelter Home 2. During these journey of returning back to society and community, in return I gain more knowlege of culinary and enjoy every moment of it.
So, Ladies do make a date with Spastic Centre, PJ every month. (Normally the is the last Saturday of every month and subject to change).
A big thank you to my friends came to support the event. We have a record of close to 50 participants.
Now lets the photos do the talking. I have no chance to take any photos myself while demonstrating, photos taken are courtesy by others. A Big Thank you.
The Korean Fried Chicken Wings
These Korean Fried Chicken Wings prepared for my family prior to the demo.
Cheesy Tuna Corn Puff - Will share the recipe in my next post.
Updated on 14th Sept.15 -
A write out on the event by Sin Chew Daily星洲曰報 Metro Edition 大都會 12th Sept 15 Saturday write out on the Charity Cooking demo that I did the demo Spastic Centre, PJ on 22/8.
20 pcs chicken wings, washed and drained
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon minced ginger
Some potato starch or corn starch for coating
4 cloves garlic, minced
3 to 4 large dried red chili – cut and remove seeds
6 tbsp water
4-5 tbsp of Korean chili paste
¼ cup soy sauce
½ cup rice syrup or corn syrup
1 tablespoon white vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
1. Marinade the chicken wings with salt, ginger, and ground black pepper. Set aside for about 30 minutes.
2. Put potato starch in a bowl and dip each wing in the flour to coat evenly.
3. Heat enough oil for deep frying in a wok.
4. Deep fry the coated wings and cook for about 12 to 13 minutes, turning over a few times.
5. Take the wings out of the oil. Reheat the oil and fry the wings again for another 10 minutes until golden brown. Dish out and set aside.
Make the sweet, spicy, and sticky sauce:
1. Heat kuali over medium high heat. Add 2 tablespoons cooking oil, minced garlic, and the dried red chili pepper.
2. Stir fry until fragrant.
3. Add soy sauce, corn syrup, vinegar. Stir and let it bubble for a few minutes.
4. Add the brown sugar and continue stirring.
5. Add in the chicken wings to coat the sauce evenly.
6. Just before dish out add in sesame seeds and serve.
As requested by Sin Chew daily here is the chinese version of the recipe. Sin Chew Daily will published the event on 12th September 2015.
1茶匙 薑 （剁碎）
4瓣 蒜头 （剁碎）
3至4个 大辣椒干 （去籽，切小）
4 加入黄糖，继续搅拌5 放入鸡翼，搅至酱汁平均拌入每个鸡翼
The korean vineger, Corn Syrup and Chilli paste
Dishes demonstrated for the day - Korean Fried Chicken, Cheesy Tuna Corn Puff.
Noodle making by Mdam Cecelia Ling, Fried Noodle by Chef Azrah and Mashed potates by Chef Margaret Cheng
Thank you May for the kind assistance.
Noodle making by Mdm Cecelia Ling