Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2014

Red Velvet Cake Temptations (by Daughter Tammie Kwong)


My youngest daughter Tammie Kwong came back for the  summer holidays in University of Melbourne.   She has been  'force to' cook and bake for herself in Melbourne since eating out can be very costly.

The Red Velvet Cake is her 1st attempt as my kitchen are well equiped with ingredients and utensils unlike her accomodation in Melbourne.

From measuring the ingredients, mixing, blending to frosting and decorate the cake with all her heart. Tammie has developed the passion and love for baking. I am very sure her baking skills will definately improve further.  Gambateh, Tammie!

She randomly google the recipe.  With modern technology if you have the passion to learn 'google' and You tube are ever ready to give you aassitance needed! 
And  TADA here is the product of Tammie Kwong!





The texture looks good and most important taste good!










Recipe adapted from Joy of Baking  with some modification.

250gms sifted cake flour
1/2 tesp salt
15 gms cocoa powder
115gms unsalted butter at room temperature
300 gms castor suger (I used 180 gms only)
2 eggs 
1 tsp vanilla essence
250ml butter milk  
2 tablespoon of red food coloring
1 tsp white vinegar
1 tsp baking soda

Method


  1. Grease and line  two  7" square cake tin.
  2. Preheat oven 170ºC.
  3. Sift together flour, salt and cocoa powder in a mixing bowl.  Set aside
  4. Using electric mixer beat he butter until soft (about 1-2 minutes) add the sugar and beat until light and fluffy (about 2-3 minutes)
  5. Add in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
  6. Add in the vanilla essence and beat until combined.
  7. In a measuring cup whisk the buttermilk with th4e red food coloring.
  8. With the mixer on low speed, alternately add the flour mixture and buttermilk to the butter mixture, in three additions, beginning and ending with the flour.
  9. In a small cup combine the vinegar and baking soda. Allow the mixture to fizz and then quickly fold into the cake batter.
  10. Working quickly, divide the batter evenly between the two prepared pans and smooth the tops with an offset spatula or the back of a spoon. 
  11. Bake in the preheated oven for approximately 25 - 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cakes comes out clean. 
  12. Once the cakes have completely cooled, wrap in plastic and place the cake layers in the refrigerator for at least an hour (or overnight). (This is done to make filling and frosting the cakes easier.)


As for the topping she choose a very simple cream cheese topping from my earlier post on  Simple Carrot cake.  You may use orignal topping as its firmer for easy handling.


Cream cheese topping

200 gms butter, softened
240gms cream cheese, softened
200 gms confectioners sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence 
some zest of lemon
1 tbsp of lemon juice

To make frosting

In a medium bowl, combine butter, cream cheese, confectioners' sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla.  Beat until the mixture is smooth and creamy.  Frost the cooled cake. 

She only made 2 layers,  frost and deco the cake as she like,  you may deco as your wish too! 


Happy Baking!





5 comments:

  1. Friend, your daughter ada bakat lah!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am thankful u r always here to support me! Hugs!

      Delete
  2. Main Games sambil cari Rupiah ?? Caranya gampang kok..

    Gabung aja bersama Agen Poker S1288POKER !!

    Segera jadikan S1288POKER sebagai Agen Poker Pilihan Anda.

    Info Lebih Lanjut Bisa Hub kami Di :
    BBM : 7AC8D76B
    WA : 08122221680

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dr Itua cure my HIV, I have been a ARV Consumption for 10 years. i have been in pains until i came across Dr Itua on blogs site.I emailed him about my details of my HIV and my location i explained every thing to him and he told me that there is nothing to be scared of that he will cured me, he gave me guarantee,He ask me to pay for items fees so when i'm cured I will show gratitude I did and giving testimony of his healing herbs is what I'm going to do for the rest of you out there having HIV and other disease can see the good work of Dr Itua.I received his herbal medicine through EMS Courier service who delivered to my post office within 5 working days.Dr Itua is an honest man and I appreciate him for his good work.My GrandMa called him to appreciate him and rest of my friends did too,Is a joy to me that I'm free of taking Pills and having that fat belle is a nightmare.you will understand what i'm talking about if you have same problem I was having then not now though.I'm free and healthy Big Thanks To Dr Itua Herbal Center.I have his calendar too that he recently sent me,He Cure all kind disease Like,Cancer,Herpes,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis B,Liver/Kidney Inflamatory,Epilepsy,Infertility,Fibroid,Diabetes,Dercum,Copd ,and also Bring back Ex Lover Back..Here his Contact .drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com Or Whats_app Number +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yahoo has been provided a feature – Yahoo password recovery by which users are able to retrieve forgot Yahoo account password. The process is as simple as anyone can do by following the on-screen instructions. If you do still need help while recovering the password, contact our Yahoo expert and get instant help.

    ReplyDelete