Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Fabulous Steamed Peppermint Orange Layered Cake 蒸橙汁千层蛋糕

My second Steamed layer cake. But the end product is not as satisfied as the previous Steamed Layer Cake with Pandan flavors.  Clink here to check it out!  The contrast of the layers are not clear as it should be, my attention was diverted by  my daughter in Melbourse over WhatApps on the making of her Unbaked Oreo Cheesecake.  I blamed it on her for my poor performance.   Hahahaa.....  feeling better now.
But  nevertheless I still need some kind words from you to console me as I spend 3 hours to prepare the cake.   Hehe....

The verdict ~   I was overwhelmed with the  response ( I brought some with me ) from my friends at Spastic Centre, Petaling Jaya during the  Charity Cooking demo today.  They like the cake very much as the cooling sensation  of peppermint  linger on........      Hurray to me! 









For this  Fabulous Steamed Orange Peppermint Layer Cake, you need -

                                                                                         


Ingredients

10 eggs
160 gms castor sugar ( I used 140gms)
30 gms ovalett  黄油
100gms fresh milk  鲜奶
140gm corn oil
200 gms cake flour (sieved)
2 tbsp orange  juice 
1 tsp orange paste
Zest  of 1 orange
1/4 tsp of peppermint flavor


Method
  1. Mix and beat eggs, sugar and ovalett till creamy and fluffy.
  2. Mix in the milk.
  3. Fold in the sieved flour till well  mixed. 
  4. Lastly add in the corn oil to mix till all well blended.
  5. Divide the batter into 2 equal portion .  Add the  orange juice  to one portion.
  6. Add peppermint to the other 1/2 portion.
  7. Line an 9" cake tin. 
  8. Pour  2 small  ladle  batter with original favor in the cake tin and steam for 5 mins using medium fire. 
  9. Pour another layer of batter with orange juice  and steam for 5 mins.  Repeat the process till all batter used up.
  10. Bake for 8 mins for the last layer.  
  11. Make sure to cover with aluminum foil to prevent water vapor seep in the cake during the whole duration of  baking time.   


 The Ingredients


 Eggs, ovalett and sugar


 Creamy and fluffy



The batter is ready.  Divide into 2 equal portions



 Steam the cake layer by layer.  This is the most time consuming part which need patients and passion.



 The bottom



Dada, ladies and gentlemen, would you like to take up the challenge for these time consuming and  patience  fabulous steam Orange Layered Cake?  Warning ~  The preparation and steaming time is 3 hours!!!  
If you like this Steam Layered Cake I am sure you will like my earlier post ~  Steam Pandan Layer Cake too. 

This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs up organised by Bake For Happy Kids, and My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Ann of Anncoo Journal.





6 comments:

  1. Hi Christine, Salute to you for making this cake and steaming it for 3 hours! Not sure I can do it like you... :D
    Thank you for linking to LTU.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ann, I salute myself too! haha.... Christine must be mad!

      Delete
  2. Hi Christine! I can see the layers and better still if I can eat your cake hah! hah! Wah, 3 hours of steaming is no joke. I don't think I am strong enough to do that :) Salute, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Phong Hong, TQ! no play play leh, 3 hours of preparing and steaming! Phew!

      Delete
  3. Hi Christine,

    You are funny blaming the whatapps with your daughter :p

    I think that your steamed cake look good... or maybe you have too high standards :p

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe, haha..... come to think of it now, I wonder how it did it! Wonder will I take up the challenge to make layered cake again! :P

      Delete