Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Lemon Curd Cheesecake (Unbaked) 柠檬奶油芝士蛋糕

Happy International Women Day -  March 8 2012.

Lemon Curd Cheesecake -  Either baked or unbaked is a hit for cheesecake lovers.

Yellow being one of my favorite color, just love the color combination of the cheesecake.   They look gorgeous, bright and lovely.  The only set back on the cake is the decoration of the cake.  Topping with cream and icing  are always weakest part of  my baking journey.  I'd never take the trouble to learn cake decoration, the reason simply I don't like cream on cakes. Plain is always the best!
The original recipe is from Kitchen's Corner and I have make some adjustment on my cake.




 




This time around  failed to choose any good photo shot of the whole cake. 
This photo of  Lemon Curd Cake was  prepared sometimes ago and yet to post onto the blog.  You will notice the different in pattern on the deco of the cream.  My apology!  But......  the taste....  HA!  Super Yummy by judging the expression and all the ' hmmm...'  from my family member!  That's matter all!  ^_^


 Recipe

Base
200gm Digestive biscuits crumbs (I used marie biscuits)
100gm butter - melted

Filling

400gm cream cheese
30gm sugar
300 gm lemon curd (I bought ready made at bakery shop)
8 tablespoon lemon juice
3 tsp of lemon zest
15g gelatin (dissolve in hot water)
250ml whipped cream

Method

  1. Using an 9 inch spring form baking tin.
  2. Mix the biscuits crumbs and melted butter  and press crumb mixture onto bottom pan firmly and keep in the fridge.
  3. Beat cream cheese and sugar at medium speed until smooth.
  4. Add in the lemon zest, lemon juice and lemon curd
  5. Add in the dissolved geletin into the mixture and add in the whipped cream till well combine.
  6. Pour the filling into crust and chill in fridge for  6 hours or overnight.
  7. Decorate the cheesecake with lemon curd and whipped cream as desire.
  8. Serve.





No comments:

Post a Comment