Pages

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Hometown Tong Poh Rou (Stew Porkbelly) 家乡东坡肉





You  may refer here for a new photo on the dish to tempt you!


The dish is best serve with rice and moutou (steamed buns) to mop up the gravy!


Toasted garlic, cinnamon stick and star anise

Ingredients
(adapted from Y3K recipes Issue 42) 

1 kg pork belly (cut into square)
2 big bulbs of toasted garlic (dark brown color
)
1 stick cinnamon bark or kayu manis
few star anise or bunga lawang

1 litre water


Seasoning:

4 tbsps dark soy sauce or to adjust (I used 2 tsp only)

2 tbsps rock sugar

1 tbsp chicken stock granules ( I omitted this)
salt to taste
2 tbsps soy sauce

2 tabsps chinese cooking wine


For thickening

Mix 1/2 tbsp tapioca flour with 1 tbsp water ( I used cornflour)


For garnishing
some mantou (plain steamed buns)


Method


  1. Heat water, blanch pork for a while. Remove meat.
  2. Place No. (1), garlic, cinnamon bark, star anise, water and seasoning into a big pot. Bring it to a boil over high heat. Turn to medium heat, simmer for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or till meat has softened.
  3. Dish up meat onto a platter. Snip meat, thicken gravy of no. (2) and pour over meat. Garnish and spring onion or Chinese coriander leaves and serve with mantou to mop up the sauce.
Have a great meal!

1 comment:

  1. After having a persistent cough for over a year, I was diagnosed with COPD
    in March 2015. In 2016 my COPD got worse to the point where not only do I
    have trouble sleeping at night, I also struggle to get air into my lungs. I
    read in a health forum of a herbal centre (native health clinic) who have successful treatment to COPD/Emphysema, i immediately
    contacted the herbal centre via their website and purchased the COPD herbal
    remedy, I used the remedy for 2 weeks, all my symptoms were reversed, i did
    another test for confirmation, i was declared COPD free. email (
    nativehealthclinic@gmail.com) or WhatsApp/Call him on +2348140073965

    ReplyDelete