Pages

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Thai Spicy Mango Salad (Yum Mar Mour)



Thai Spicy Mango Salad is call Yum Mar Mour in Thai, in Malaysia we called it Mango Kerabu.
A very refreshing, appetizing and popular dish in most asian countries. It is easy and simple to prepare. One of the parents from my daughter's school, who is also a PIPG member gave us some mangoes from her own garden.


Normally green unripe mangoes should be used for this salad. I just used whatever I have in hand to prepare this salad. I dont know the name of this type of mangoes but I love the bright yellow color of the mangoes fresh. My family love this salad, the dish snap up in no time! Hehe...

Here is my version of Yum Mar Mour

Ingredients

2 unripe green mangoes (the Unripe Mangoes that I have are in yellowish color ) I love the color.
1 small carrot (shredded)
1 big onion (shredded)
1 Japanese cucumber (shredded)
2 0r 3 tbsp of toasted peanuts (coarsely pounded)
some coriander leaves

Dressing

Lime juice from 4 to 5 limes (the amount of lime juice depends on your liking)
1 tabsp of brown sugar
2 tabsp of fish sauce
3 to 4 chilli padi - cut in small pieces (or you may use red chili if you prefer not too hot)
1 dash of sesame oil
Some toasted sesame seed ( Optional)

Method

  1. Skinned and shredded the mangoes.
  2. Mix all the ingredient together and chilled in the fridge till serving time.
  3. Mix all the ingredients for dressing together. Adjust the taste to your liking by adding or minus the amount on sugar, lime juice and fish sauce.
  4. Take out the mixed vegetables from the fridge mix in the dressing.
  5. Top with toasted peanuts and coriander leaves and serve.




1 comment: