Pages

Friday, December 24, 2010

Flourless Chocolate Cake


This is my 1st attempt to make flourless chocolate cake, quite happy with the result. Syabas! (means congrats) Most important Tammie love this cake, the texture is super moist, and she named the cake as 心太軟 (soft heart), Hmmm... Sound appropriate, nice name!
Original recipe is to dust some icing sugar on the cake, but for very obvious reason, I omitted this step. I did not use ground almond too.
Special thanks to christine Ho for sharing the recipe. Click here for the recipe.


Ingredients:

  • 250gm dark chocolate
  • 5 eggs, separated
  • 120gm caster sugar - I reduced to 90gm, still find a bit sweet, will go for 80gm for next attempt
  • 150gm unsalted butter
  • 50gm ground almond (almond meal), optional - I omitted this
  • Icing sugar, for garnish - I omitted this

No comments:

Post a Comment